Although the Gown team this year is already bigger this year, we need to expand the team even more. The Gown still urgently needs:
– General Contributors – The Gown would cease to exist without writers. No matter what you’re interested in writing, get in touch with the relevant sub editor. During term time, we normally hold content meetings on Wednesday afternoons. However, our next content meeting is on Friday 31 August at 3:00pm in the Club Rooms on the top floor of the Students’ Union. Why not come along and see how things work? Be sure to sign up to our mailing list using the box at the right hand side of the page. It’ll make sure that you stay in the loop with all that’s going on, from when our next content meeting is to stories that urgently need covered, to our next event. We are particularly interested in recruiting members to the News Team.
– Print Designers – Familiarity with Adobe InDesign or Quark is essential. You’ll work closely with the Editor to design the whole look and layout of the hard copy paper. The Gown typically circulates 3000 copies per issue, and would make a great addition to any designer’s portfolio. The ability to design posters would also be an advantage, as any designer knows, consistency is key.
– An App Designer – If you can design mobile phone applications for Apple and Android smartphones, then we want to hear from you. You’ll be given quite a lot of free reign in designing the app, and so this is the perfect opportunity to show off what you can do.
– Business Team Members – The Gown is not just a place for budding journalists. As the paper is completely independent from the University, we rely on advertising to cover the cost of printing and promotion. If you think you have what it takes to convince businesses to spend money on advertising in this tough economic climate, then we want to hear from you. We also need people who have a knack for planning events and who have innovative ideas for promotions. The most important traits for business team members are enthusiasm, commitment and time management.
– Photography Team Members – A picture says a thousand words. Quite often, in the paper, we need a few photographs for every thousand words in print. As you can see, our new website relies heavily on images. If you’ve got a steady hand and good eye for photographs, get in touch.
If you’re interested in any of the positions above, email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are interested in and why. There is no closing date for application, however, it is advisable to state your interest as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The Gown also requires …
– Hoodlems – If you know all there is to know about Union and University life, The Hood needs you to be his eyes and his ears. If you think you’re up to the job, email email@example.com