BY LYNSEY McCONVEY
We all have those people that we feel obliged to buy presents for, whether it’s for Secret Santa or just to seem nice. Let’s face it though, no one likes to waste time, or worse, money, getting a present for someone we don’t really like or want to buy for. Well, fret no longer, here’s a few top presents to buy for those people you hopefully won’t need to get the following year.Presents – Andrew Malone – Flickr
- Bath sets – top (and maybe most disliked) present to get those you don’t like. There are hundreds of various sets available in many shops and some can appear quite nice and affordable.
- 3 for 2 – The deals! Lots of shops such as Superdrug and Boots offer 3 for 2 on sets for the bath, make-up and novelty things that look decent enough as a present. Plus, if you really don’t like them, throw them the cheapest free present and stick a bow on it. It’s the thought and all that codswallop.
- Chocolates – Everyone loves chocolate. They can’t complain and pound shops do nice boxes like Maltesers and After Eights for as cheap as £1. Or who could say no to a selection box?
- DVDs – Old favourites like Home Alone can be found for as little as £3 in shops such as HMV. Look out for their multi-buy deals too.
- If you really can’t be bothered, lift a gift card, stick £5 on it and give them the old, “ah, that bloody recession!” line. (Without mentioning that you spent the budget of Andorra on all your other friends)
- Christmas novelty keyrings, cute notepads/diaries and funny toys. Hawkin’s Bazaar actually have a fake (assuming plastic) ‘Christmas Turd.’ A veiled comment, if ever there was one.
- Perfume/Aftershave sets – If you look under your tree and find three or four Adidas deodorant sets this year, an attitude adjustment might be in order, as these are the traditional “I don’t like you but have to buy you something” present. You have been warned.
- Cheap mugs with chocolate coins
Failing that, avoid them like the plague until February and say no more!